Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone care to explain the percentage rating in snooker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone care to explain the percentage rating in snooker

    not too happy with the percentage rating in this game, when I start a new game it automatically drops me point one percent, wttf, so for instance I'm currently on 74.2% win rate, I start a game and check my stats and it's suddenly 74.1% before I've even hit a ball. Seems to me that it takes quickly if you lose but takes longer to build if you win, i.e. I won 3 in a row and my percentage jumped up .1%, I lose one and I lose and I lose .2%, it's nonsense

  • #2
    You enter game with three wins and one loss, so win ratio is seventy five percent (75%). The current game is added, as the system does not see you winning. You win so four wins and one loss. That is a total of five games played, you now have a 80 percent (80%) win ratio and the other twenty percent (20%) is the loss. If you lost then it's three wins and two losses so your win ratio is two divided by three times one hundred (100). It will be sixty six point six percent (66.6%).

    Simple math.
    Last edited by Ninja82; 01-10-2018, 09:20 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Point is as soon as you start playing system does not know if you have won or lost and assumes a loss. it will increase if you win.

      Comment


      • #4
        just seems like you're always battling to get that percentage rate, not the end of the world, but i always feel it moves down quicker than up, I've won 10 games in a row before and it goes up slower than if I lose 10 in a row, then it plummets, I'm just not convinced it's right, but anyhow, thanks for your replies, some too mathematical for me, I do know as I start playing bigger rated players it'll soon be way down anyway......love this game....and hate it too....

        Comment


        • #5
          The higher your win rate, they faster you can go downwards, but slower you move upwards. Thats the real challenge about keeping a 70+% winrate on that level. Your winrate is way more stabilised the more games you played of course.

          Comment


          • #6
            Come !!

            Comment


            • #7
              Back on this subject, I've been keeping stats for a while now. Tonight I've just won 11 games in a row starting off at a percentage of 73.6, I'm now on 73.7, after 11 games in a row win rate, so here's the crux, if it were the other way around I'd now be sitting at 72.5 or something. I'm no great mathematician, but I see this game as punishing defeat but not rewarding winning in terms of percentages. I like to keep my win rate high wherever poss, but it's a massive uphill struggle, and I don't mind a challenge just crave more parity. Previously I'd climbed from 73.8 to the giddy heights of 75.1 over a week or so but I wasn't keeping stats so don't know the session averages. Which brings me on to another point, it onlt seems to measure % for each session played not for your overall, i.e. if I close down and then start up again it starts the % process all over again, so why produce and display % in the 1st place.....jeez....the best snooker game and the worst sometimes......rant over

              Comment

              Working...
              X