Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2/22/2017......You asked us to try 2017 and let you know what we think....I just did. It loaded smoothly. It's looking good, big improvement over last week. Could be brighter, but it's very playable. I like that you have the sound working. (however, I do like the sounds on Flash much better). I LOVE the FRIENDS window on the lower left that shows friends who are playing and lets you join them... The chat window you've added is OK, but it would be nice if the chat color was different than the table background, and it should be larger. I was having trouble reading it. Why not go to white lettering and make it larger if possible. Overall, it looks good, big improvement. Two more things I'd like to see, have an "INVITE" next to your FRIENDS online, not just the "Join". And the little window that shows your hole cards at the bottom should be larger...

Click image for larger version

Name:	poker-1487795953.png
Views:	3
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	54057
    Last edited by Robert@ya1253; 02-23-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I played the Unity version of Poker 2017 and compared it with the Flash version
      The top screenshot is Flash and the bottom is Unity.
      Both are from the same 23” Dell “All-In-One” touchscreen computer running Windows 10.
      If you look at the screenshots you’ll see the differences.

With Flash ~ the Green table is brighter… it’s greener. .The Unity version had great artwork but they seem hazy. Everything seems clearer with Flash. The chip amounts, player’s names, the chat window, even the cards are easier for me to read in Flash.
      The Avatars on Unity seem HAZY. I’m the one holding the plane … compare it to the same picture with the Flash version. Big difference. Same with the chips in front of me.
      I love the friends list on the bottom left in Unity….I see if you move the mouse over a friend's name you can JOIN them when they are playing. NICE TOUCH. It would be nice if you could also send them an invite to join the table you are on or even open a chat window with that player.
      I’m trying to be positive, but I have to say I really dislike the Chat Window in Unity. The gray and green letters on a black background make it very hard to read. It needs contrasting colors….I think White would be a better choice for the font color….and PLEASE make the letters larger, it is it’s very hard to read even on a 23”monitor….
      The little window (showing your hole cards) at the bottom is too small to read the cards.., I can’t tell a club from a spade.
      As for the sound….Unity sounds like coins being dropped on the metal table….I prefer the Flash sound effects, the little cheer when you win…made it fun. (That is just a personal preference) the sound is fine.
      I know the programmers at GameDesire have done a lot of work developing the new game … it looks great compared to last month…. But I feel it still needs some fine tuning. I hope these comments help and you’ll consider my suggestions. I know you’ll get it right soon…. Good luck.

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	54280

Name:	2.png
Views:	3
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	54281

Comment

Windows 7 and Chrome

Poker loads without problems and runs smoothly.
        No crashes

I am find it very difficult to play for a number of reasons.

i) The four colour cards are confusing. My brain keeps trying to tell me that blue diamonds are spades

ii) Small and blocky text is difficult to read. The chat box is unreadable, because of the tiny blocky text and poor colour contrast.
        I admit that I also keep looking for it on the left where it was previously.

iii) Green against Blue gives very poor colour contrast compared with the old Green against Red which gives very good colour contrast.
        This means the table display is less appealing and it is harder to read the size of players chip stacks. Check an artist's colour wheel to see what
        are good complimentary colours

iv) Tournament information isn't shown. Size of blind, positon, clock, etc.

v) I'm missing the function keys for checking and folding.

vi) The scroll bar for the friends box needs to be wider.

I am not likely to use the sounds, but I have listened to them. The thumping sound when a player checks I found disturbing. Too reminiscent of a heartbeat. The sounds for the chips might be better if they were slower.

I hope that you will not reintroduce private chat in the poker room, it only causes problems.

OK. The settings do let you turn off the 4 colour deck. However, the green bars for the settings are not a good visual indicator. Why not change the text or background colour to make it clearer when a setting has been changed?

I don't like the motion effects and switching to 3D. It takes away from having a relaxing experience. If I wanted 3D and motion, I would be playing an action game.

For.me, the more that you can recreate the flash version the better. The only thing that I dislike about the flash version is the unwanted automatic invitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Watts View Post
          Windows 7 and Chrome

Poker loads without problems and runs smoothly.
          No crashes

I am find it very difficult to play for a number of reasons.

i) The four colour cards are confusing. My brain keeps trying to tell me that blue diamonds are spades

ii) Small and blocky text is difficult to read. The chat box is unreadable, because of the tiny blocky text and poor colour contrast.
          I admit that I also keep looking for it on the left where it was previously.

iii) Green against Blue gives very poor colour contrast compared with the old Green against Red which gives very good colour contrast.
          This means the table display is less appealing and it is harder to read the size of players chip stacks. Check an artist's colour wheel to see what
          are good complimentary colours

iv) Tournament information isn't shown. Size of blind, positon, clock, etc.

v) I'm missing the function keys for checking and folding.

vi) The scroll bar for the friends box needs to be wider.

I am not likely to use the sounds, but I have listened to them. The thumping sound when a player checks I found disturbing. Too reminiscent of a heartbeat. The sounds for the chips might be better if they were slower.

I hope that you will not reintroduce private chat in the poker room, it only causes problems.

OK. The settings do let you turn off the 4 colour deck. However, the green bars for the settings are not a good visual indicator. Why not change the text or background colour to make it clearer when a setting has been changed?

I don't like the motion effects and switching to 3D. It takes away from having a relaxing experience. If I wanted 3D and motion, I would be playing an action game.

For.me, the more that you can recreate the flash version the better. The only thing that I dislike about the flash version is the unwanted automatic invitations.

I agree with everything you say........EXCEPT I'm confused .........I only have two color deck...Red and Black and it's fine.

Comment

I tried the beta version for different time on Firefox and Chrome (on Win7 and Win10) and for now no problem of loading or other.

About the playability i have some problem:

- Is very hard for me to get used to the dark blue background under the green table... i prefer the old red background. I propose to introduce in the game settings the option for change the table color and the background color.

- The chat box is too small and the bottom-right position is uncomfortable... at left position is much better. I propose an inversion with the friends box.

- I prefer the radial timer bar only on the edge of the avatar without filling the circle.

Comment

Biwarx has good ideas...I also would prefer chat on the left....maybe do it like the Facebook Gameroom version of a chat box..use the whole left side so it's larger easy to read. And use contrasting colors for chat....right now it's Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	54849 hard to read...

Comment

Thank you for your feedback and ideas. We will try to make it happen during future updates. Stay tuned. And please, check your GameChips accounts and the list of achievements

Comment

Name:	ff.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	55687 I saw that Live Pro 2017 is now available on the Facebook Gameroom, so I gave it a try...honestly....I don't like it. I won't use it. It's hard to read the amount of a Bet and the CHAT window makes anything you type so small it's UNREADABLE. Here's a screenshot where I've typed "Hi" in the chat box. I can't even read it, can you? It needs to be much larger.
                  Last edited by Robert@ya1253; 03-17-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lena View Post
                    Thank you for your feedback and ideas. We will try to make it happen during future updates. Stay tuned. And please, check your GameChips accounts and the list of achievements
                    Thank you, you're too kind.

Comment

In freeroll tournaments (with the new version of poker), every time the system reassigns players to a new table, the application crashes. The browser displays an alert dialog with a long error message that start with:

"An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
                      uncaught exception: abort(166) at jsStackTrace"...

To keep playing I need to refresh the page, so I lose some hands.

This issue appeared on Firefox and Chrome on different computers (Win7 and Win10).

Comment

Thank you Biwarx , we'll look into it!

Comment

Today I was playing at a cash game table when the application has blocked and an alert appeared with the following error: "Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."

I also noticed in the application that the copy and paste functions are unavailable, translating the languages of the various players in chat is very complicated without them.

Comment

Working...
                          X