Rummy 500 - holding cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rummy 500 - holding cards

I was in the middle of the first round of Rummy 500 when my opponent wrote, "I hate b*tches who hold cards!" and she abruptly left the game. It's not illegal to hold cards, is it?? Isn't holding part of mastering the game? Strategically, in order to WIN? Thoughts?
    Last edited by alianne1010; 12-12-2015, 05:02 AM.

Holding cards is what you do in Gin Rummy. Rummy 500 you normally would lay them down as you are able but it's not a rule. It is a strategy to win but it's not very sporting. It can also come back to hurt you if your opponent can go out while you are still holding a lot of cards but it's a risk that can pay off if you're willing to take it. I personally don't like playing against someone that holds their cards but I won't quit a game because of it. It's your strategy against mine. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose but it's not as fun. And since it's just for tokens and not real money, I'm all for having fun. But you go right on holding your cards if you want. There's no rule says you can't.

Comment

I really appreciate the feedback. So while its not illegal or playing the game wrong, it's just not fun for the other player when I hold cards. I get it. I've decided to only do that if I'm playing a higher stakes game. Otherwise i'll TRY to just play for fun, not to win. (I'm so competitive, lol.)

Comment

Originally posted by alianne1010 View Post
        I really appreciate the feedback. So while its not illegal or playing the game wrong, it's just not fun for the other player when I hold cards. I get it. I've decided to only do that if I'm playing a higher stakes game. Otherwise i'll TRY to just play for fun, not to win. (I'm so competitive, lol.)
        If you are playing to win, you will hold cards. No good player just throws everything down as soon as they receive it. If you do, you are not playing to win. I can't imagine playing a game with winning not in mind. Might as well not play.

I have players leave for holding cards, too. If they want to play their way, fine, but I'm not playing their way too.

Also you might want to remember that, most players DO hold out, to varying degrees; it's a minority that don't.
        Last edited by ßrian; 07-18-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information..

Comment

Brother MFC-210C Driver Download - It is Known that The MFC-210C producted Brother provides printing, Copying , Scanning , and faxing abilities, provides you

Comment

Playing Rummy is a pleasant experience for me and I enjoy it. I always try to learn new rummy rules and try to win the game.

Indian rummy is a game that attracts people from every phase of life, thereby making it one of the favorite games for expending free time. Indian rummy is one of

Comment

Holding a card is not an illegal, it is a part of the game and if you to win the game then you may hold the cards in some situations. I am also a player of the rummy game and playing it since 5 years. I get the trick of rummy games from a Rummycircle review which helps me a lot to win the rummy game.
                Last edited by toshivyas; 01-20-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Somebody called me a card holding c**t also for holding cards.. That is just rude.. I play to relax when I get home from work not to get cussed out and called foul names!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X